Friday, February 25, 2011

Deviled eggs & being a grown-up

I recently came across deviled eggs on some random TV show.
I mentioned to the mister how much I loved deviled eggs. "Why don't you make them?" he asked.

It had simply never occurred to me to make them. At some point when I was a kid, my mom must have told me that they were too much work to make. Thereafter, they became special picnic and party food only. I only rarely ever got to have them, so when I had the opportunity, I savoured them.

Ah, the best part of being a grown-up... realizing that things are within your reach, and then reaching them for yourself. Of course, I now know that they are super easy to make. So I made myself a small batch as a midnight snack. They were the best thing ever.

I didn't even get a chance to take a picture, I was so eager. So I'll just leave a link to http://www.deviledeggs.com and also credit them with that pic above.

No comments:

Post a Comment