Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Happy anniversary, Sherlock!

February 27 marked one year since we brought home our cat, Sherlock. In honour of this momentous occasion, I thought of posting things I've learned in my first year of pet ownership. (Neither the hubby nor I grew up with pets other than fish.)

I mean, Sherlock has taught us a lot, like:
  1. Bowel movements, and the increased aerodynamic-ness you get from making one, are worth celebrating.
  2. Cute eyes can get you a lot. But not everything.
  3. The world simply stops when you snuggle.
But most of all, I've learned that love comes from a bottomless bag. You can't run out, and you can't give enough. Well, such is my ideal world anyway. Over the past year, I've seen this little furry guy grow more and more playful, cuddly, and generally awesome and I just can't stop giving him head pats, nose kisses and snuggles.

Happy come-home-aversary, Sherlock!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment