Friday, March 11, 2011

Paint scheme

In anticipation of closing on our new house next Tuesday, I've been busying myself picking paint colours. Ideally, I would have loved to move in, figure out all the decor details, and then pick paint colours to coordinate (since it is MUCH easier to pick paint to match fabric and decor, than the other way around). But there is a huge appeal to getting the whole house painted while it's empty, not to mention that my nesting instinct will almost certainly drive me nuts if there are huge unfinished projects left hanging by the time Little Ringy arrives.

Anyway, I will post floor plans and room pictures later, but to give a brief overview, the house has three floors.

On the first floor, there is a den which will be used as an office and playroom. I wanted something fresh and fun for the kid, but still sophisticated and soothing for the office. I'm thinking along the lines of Benjamin Moore Palladian Blue, a lovely greyish aqua.

Benjamin Moore Palladian Blue HC 144
From Decorpad
I generally like neutrals and I absolutely love the cozy and calming feeling of grey-beige (or "greige" as some decorators have affectionately coined it) walls. Both staircases, the living-dining room on the second floor, the hallway on the third floor, and the master bedroom will be in something like Benjamin Moore Abalone.
Benjamin Moore Abalone 2108-60
From Darling-Est

While the master bedroom and most of the house will try to be all sophisticated-like, I want the other two bedrooms, one of which will be the nursery, to be a little jazzier in a soft yellow like Benjamin Moore Soleil. I'll also have the kitchen in this sunny colour.
Benjamin Moore Soleil AF330
From Decorpad
There are also three bathrooms... still some things to think about!

No comments:

Post a Comment