Thursday, March 17, 2011

Nesting: yellow nurseries

The closing on our new house went very smoothly, and I am thrilled to have a new project to blog about. Back when my friends were up early on Saturday mornings watching cartoons, I was dragging myself out of bed to watch Debbie Travis' Painted House.

For whatever reason, the nursery is top of mind right now. (Nesting?)

I did end up going with BM Soleil on the walls and I can't wait to see how it turns out!

A simple furniture solution would be to get matching furniture. White is bright and easy.
From Ilovemybaby

Espresso is trendy and sophisticated enough to give the baby zone a little bit of grown-up style - after all, the parents will spend as much time in there as the kid!
From The Bump
But, an entire matching suite can be a bit stark. Perhaps because my parents were design-challenged creative, I grew up in rooms full of mismatched furniture. Once I did get the chance to decorate on my own and seized the opportunity to match my furniture, I have to admit I found it rather boring.

So, I plan to mix some white and some light-coloured wood and other natural elements. I find that wood tones add both airiness and richness to a space.

Love the white and honey frame with the woven baskets. From Coochicos
So chic! From The Design File
To that end, I definitely want to take a look at this crib from Costco. It's priced at $299.99 CAD which isn't bad for a solid wood crib (the drawer is fibreboard, I believe).


I've also been keeping my eye out for a used crib... there are good deals out there because some babies end up barely using their cribs at all. But if you go this route, please make sure to look up the brand and model for any recalls. Here is some good information from Health Canada about buying a crib.

No comments:

Post a Comment