Thursday, October 13, 2011

Regrets

I won't lie. I sometimes miss my pre-baby life.

They say that you don't even remember what was life was like before your baby entered it, but that hasn't been the case with me. I remember it clearly, and I have fond memories of it.

It was a pretty good life. Victor and I lived downtown, biked to work, walked to any of the nearby restaurants for dinner out on a dime, and travelled now and then. Just before I got pregnant, we were toying with the idea of visiting Peru. Now we've had to lament the possibility that we may never get to see Machu Picchu.

I don't want to go through life with regrets, and I've wondered whether this will be one. I've had some pretty awesome experiences, but Machu Picchu was one that I really wanted to add to the list.

But then the other day, while I was changing Darian's diaper, I tried to entertain him by razzing my lips. And he copied me and razzed back!

And I can say with certainty, THAT was the most awesome thing that's ever happened to me in my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment