Monday, August 16, 2010

Hello, world

Hello there, and thanks for dropping by!

I am a 29-year old engineer, leading a busy life in the middle of a busy city. (Who isn't busy these days?) I am also a newlywed; yesterday, my husband and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary.

Somewhere over the course of our 3-1/2 year relationship, we started a little tradition of gifting ourselves a big box of Leonidas Chocolates for occasions like birthdays and Valentine's Day. Over the next few weeks, we'd sit down just for a moment and share a truffle or two.

We each take half a bite, and trade. In fact, we share almost everything we eat together.

I've really come to appreciate those moments. Something about those half bites of chocolate ground us and reconnect us. The chocolate is a luxury, but so is the quiet and calm. Amazing how half a bite of chocolate puts the whirl of the day into perspective.

This blog is inspired by those moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment