Saturday, September 4, 2010

Dim Sum = Touch the Heart

I went out for dim sum today with a group of friends.


One of the guys in the group was a dim sum virgin. He also turned out to be one of the best people I've ever dined with.

He only learned to use chopsticks a few years ago. How? He bought himself a pair, and ate with them every day at home until he mastered it. (He was picking up mango pudding with chopsticks!)

As a kid, he didn't like the taste of shrimp. But one day, at age 21, he decided not to dislike any foods. So he ate shrimp until he learned to like it.

He even tried chicken feet. (Didn't love them, but he was a great sport about it.)

I don't think I've ever dined with anyone so open-minded. I've dined with plenty of people who love food and will eat anything, but never someone who's so persistent in getting over food aversions. I really don't like picky eaters. He was the opposite.

Cheers to food!

2 comments:

  1. Amazing! I'll force myself to eat stuff, but I can't convince myself to like it, you know?

    ReplyDelete